Author Daimeon Shanks takes a straightforward “you can do it” approach to maintaining and repairing your bike so it’s ready to go when you are.
Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair provides simple step-by-step instructions, accompanied by up-close photos, illustrations, and advice, for more than 100 repairs. You’ll learn these skills and more:
- Adjust derailleurs and troubleshoot shifting problems.
- True your wheels and tweak your hubs for a silky-smooth ride.
- Install caliper, cantilever, or V-brakes.
- Repair a broken chain on the roadside.
- Fix flats in no time flat.
- Maintain pedals and cleats for efficiency and comfort.
- Install or adjust a headset.
- Install handlebars, including aero bars and flat bars.
- Adjust your saddle for a perfect fit.
- Determine if a triple crankset is right for you.
So spend more time in the saddle and less time and money in costly repair shops. Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair is the one guide no cyclist should be without!
Chapter 1 The Modern Road Bike
Chapter 2 Basic Maintenance
Chapter 3 Frame and Fork
Chapter 4 Handlebars and Stem
Chapter 5 Saddles and Seatposts
Chapter 6 Wheels
Chapter 7 Tires
Chapter 8 Brakes
Chapter 9 Cranks and Chainrings
Chapter 10 Shifters and Derailleurs
Chapter 11 Chains and Cogsets
Chapter 12 Pedals and Cleats
Chapter 13 Customizing Your Fit