In Championship Triathlon Training, renowned experts George Dallam and Steven Jonas provide you with the same advanced conditioning concepts and programming used by today’s elite triathletes.
- Use weight training, plyometrics, and core development to accelerate skill development in all phases of swimming, running, and cycling.
- Apply metabolic training to improve endurance and race speed.
- Combine sport-specific skills, such as mounting and dismounting, with metabolic training to improve transition times between phases.
- Develop more efficient movement patterns for increased performance potential and reduced injury.
- Assess health and physical status to avoid overtraining.
Complete with sample programs for each triathlon distance, technique analysis, training- and race-specific fueling strategies, and tips for motivation, focus, and goal setting, Championship Triathlon Training will optimize your training and maximize your results.
Chapter 2. Training the Mind
Chapter 3. Assessing and Improving Technique
Chapter 4. Training for Strength and Muscular Balance
Chapter 5. Complex Speed and Endurance Training
Chapter 6. Race-Specific Training and Strategy
Chapter 7. Creating a Long-Term Training Program
Chapter 8. Race-Specific Training Programs
Chapter 9. Health and Fueling for Optimal Performance